Thursday, December 24, 2009

Good Day to You

Even I have a blog in this day and age.
If you know me in person, you'll recall that I'm an extreme introvert and, from what I understand, blogging can get quite social at times. I don't really mind such a thing, it just strikes me as something I wouldn't normally expect to appeal to me. However, this is actually fairly interesting.

Amazing. We'll see how long this lasts.


To anyone who feels like taking the time to read any of my posts here, I suppose you'll get to know me a bit better over time. I'll post a more in depth introduction in a day or two.


Well, it's nice to meet you too.

1 comment:

  1. I've found that blogging and online participation in forums has done more to draw out shy friends than anything else in history. I think that it makes socializing a lot easier. If you start encountering unpleasant people, a good well-moderated forum will have moderators cutting in to remove flaming posts. On most blog sites you can ban trolls.

    So that makes socializing online less risky.

    The other risk that gets eliminated is getting collared by the occasional crashing bore, whose passion for something that you can't stand more than ten seconds of information about knows no bounds and whose confidence that you'd share this passion if enough words are thrown at you is unlimited. Of course I've actually been that bore when it comes to topics I'm passionate about, but the Internet makes it easier for me to find the people who do get interested in every word instead of tuning me out the moment "art" or "fiction writing" come up.

    The bores can groove on celebrity gossip, sports and anything else I'm not interested in on their own sites, chats and forum. I think the Internet is much more egalitarian than normal society and at times far more courteous. At least it's easier to find more courteous company online.

    ReplyDelete